The mission of Maurepas School is to help all students learn and grow and give their best each day.
P.O. Box 39 - Maurepas, LA 70449 - (225) 695-6111
1.0 Carnegie Credit
** A limited number of internships are available in Livingston at the Central Office. Interested students with reliable transportation must send a resume and proof of IBC to Brandi Desselle via email by May 5th, as well as apply. **
- Printshop – 2 positions, any IT Certification
- Technology – 2 positions, any IT Certification
- Transportation – 2 positions, Automotive Service Excellence Certification
The 2020-2021 Maurepas High School yearbook will go on sale starting in January. Payments can be made online or in person at school or through the mail. Cost is the same this year as in year's past: $55 or $60 with an engraved name plate. Keep a lookout for the online link and the official opening of the sales!
Registration for Jump Start Summers 2021 is now open! Please help us spread the word about this great opportunity for incoming 10th, 11th, 12th graders & 2021 graduates. Please see attached FLYER (to be printed on LEGAL size paper) and social media post to help share the information.
LPPS is hosting its 3rd Jump Start Summer program.
Registration is open from 4/19 – 5/5.
Jump Start Summer 2021 is an opportunity for high school students to earn:
- An Industry-Based Credential (IBC)
- Academic Credit (1.0 Carnegie Credit)
- Engage in Work-Based Learning
- Earn a summer wage of $1,000 plus an opportunity for a $500 bonus upon successful completion of an IBC
Courses offered include:
- Union Carpentry @ Albany High
- Automotive @ Literacy & Technology Center
- Emergency Medical Responder @ Literacy & Technology Center
- NCCER Electrical I @ Walker High
- NCCER Welding II @ Springfield High
- NCCER Carpentry II @ Denham Springs High
Each course will have a minimum of 10 students and no more than 15.
If many students apply, then a lottery will be used to draw names. Some students may be placed on a wait-list as well.
May 28 – June 25th (observing Memorial Day)
Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Box Tops Poimts
Earn Bonus Box Tops while you shop with the Box Tops Bonus App. See how it works at BTFE.com/bonusapp
The Career and Tech Education department is excited to announce the launch of Jump Start Summer – INTERNSHIPS.
This is a new program that we are excited to offer our incoming 12th graders and 2021 graduates. All of the details are attached as well as instructions for how to apply.
Students who currently possess an IBC in a high-wage, high demand field such as Health Sciences, Information Technology, Automotive, or Skill Crafts are encouraged to apply. Please share this great opportunity with your students. Students must apply by May 5th.
Students selected to participate:
- Must provide their own reliable transportation
- Must have good school attendance
- Must be in an approved job shadow position and/or be employed by May 14th; letter from supervisor proving placement due once accepted into the program **
- Must work an average of 20 hours (140 hours cumulative) between May 28th – July 16th
- Will attend a 2-hour class once a week to develop beneficial skills to succeed in the workplace
Students who successfully complete the program by attending all classes, completing assignments, and work for 140 hours will earn a stipend of $1,500 and
LIVINGSTON PARISH PUBLIC SCHOOLS HEALTH RULES
Copyright Maurepas School. All rights reserved.
The latest issue of Wolves News is out.
Ask your child or download it form the Archives page!
Who Is Eligible to Participate:
Currently enrolled students who are rising to 10th, 11th, or 12th grade or who recently graduated in May 2021. Please see flyer for pre-requisites, if applicable.
How to Apply:
All interested students are encouraged to apply at www.tinyurl.com/LPPSJSS or with QR code on attached document. Registration is open from 4/19 – 5/5.